A short report from the Congress is available here by Adam Mickiewicz University TV.
You are browsing archives for
XXIII International Congress of Historical Sciences, Poznań 2020/2022: Solidarity Fund for Ukrainian historians
The Board of CISH would like to inform of its intention to promote the participation of as many Ukrainian historians as possible in the Congress, with the dedication of 10,000 Swiss Francs from its Solidarity Fund to that end.
The Board recommends that the local organizers arrange a round table to investigate topics from Ukrainian and Russian history in order to facilitate a historical discussion of the current situation for the general public.
For more information, please visit Poznań 2020/2022 official website: https://ichs2020poznan.pl/en/
Due to the global pandemic, the 6th World Conference of the International Federation for Public History, originally planned for August 2020, had to be postponed twice. A new Call for Papers has been issued.
There is no specific conference theme and no focus on a particular historical era. Proposals covering a wide range of public history are welcome, such as: Public History practice and civic engagement, Memory, Digital, Media, Performance, Professional issues.
The deadline for all proposals is 31 January 2022.
Guidelines and further information can be found on https://www.ifph2020.berlin.
In line with its tradition and with significant support from generous sponsors, the Organizing Committee of the XXIII International Congress of Historical Sciences Poznań 2020/2022 has established a Solidarity Fund for historians who would like to participate in the Congress.
Support will be given in the form of:
a) free accommodation in Adam Mickiewicz University dormitories for 150 participants
b) a registration fee waiver for 100 participants
c) travel grants for 60 participants
The deadline for applications is January 31, 2022.
Please find all the information and contact details here: https://ichs2020poznan.pl/en/solidarity-fund/
In view of the cancellation of several panels, the ICHS and the Organizing Committee of the Congress in Poznań have decided to permit applications for new panels in three categories: Specialized Themes, Joint Sessions and Round Tables.
We would like to remind you of the guidelines ruling the process of selection:
- Only members of ICHS (national committees, affiliated and internal commissions) are invited to send their proposals.
- The format of the sessions remains unchanged, according to the resolutions of the General Assemblies:
- Specialized Themes: sessions proposed by individual ICHS members; they last three hours and the number of contributors must not exceed six persons;
- Joint Sessions: convened by at least two members of ICSH, they last three hours and may include no more than six participants;
- Round Tables: discussions of a substantial paper related to a major question and written by the convener of the session; the number of participants must not exceed five persons (including organizer), the sessions last for three hours.
- The themes should be sufficiently varied and innovative, concerning, if possible, several regions of the world.
- The organizers must provide a short presentation of the theme of the session (5,000 characters in Word format) by filling the form enclosed below with their contact information.
- Please bear in mind that the ICHS working languages are exclusively English, French and Spanish.
Each association, through its representatives, must return the proposals to the CISH General Secretary Prof. Edoardo Tortarolo (CISH.firstname.lastname@example.org) before August 1st, 2021. Please find here the form for the session proposals.
The Board will announce selection of the proposals by September 30th, 2021.
Catherine Horel, ICHS President
Edoardo Tortarolo, ICHS General Secretary
Krzysztof Makowski, On behalf of the Organizing Committee
Not so long ago, we informed you about the postponement of the XXIII International Congress of Historical Sciences in Poznań to 2022. Today, we would like to update you with the latest decision of the ICHS Board that the Congress will be held on August 21–27, 2022 on the same terms as it was originally planned.
Congress fees will be maintained at the same level. The fee you have already paid is of course valid for the new date. If, unfortunately, you are not able to attend the Congress in August 2022, you may cancel your registration under general conditions.
As a result of the decision to postpone the Congress, the early bird registration has been extended to March 31, 2022.
It is still possible to apply for the participation in the Research Forum. Soon we will also announce the terms of applying for the poster session.
Andrea Giardina, ICHS President
Catherine Horel, General Secretary